While doing browsing on internet, many times you comes across with notification pop-up’s, especially on Google Chrome. Even those notifications are genuine and informing you about latest update or upgrade, but more frequent occurrence seems annoying.However, it is possible to block that notifications permanently for all websites or if required, you can block those for particular website. There is an option to block or allow the notifications.
Here is the way –
- Click on menu icon (three vertical dots) in upper right hand corner of Google Chrome and go for Setting.
- Scroll down on Setting window and click for “Show Advance Settings”.
- Now scroll for the “Privacy” section on window and click on “Content settings”.
- Search for “Notifications” section where you have to do the actual change.
- There are three option:
– Allow all sites to show notifications
– Ask when a site tries to show notifications (recommended)
– Do not allow any site to show notification
The second option is selected by default where site wants to show notifications.
- Click on “Manage Exception”. There, you can find list of the sites with the notifications which are either “Block” or “Allow”. Modify those as per your need.
- If you wish to turn off the notifications completely, then click the last option “Do not allow any site to show notification”.